Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Letting the Spirit Lead

So Yesterday my visiting teachers came over. I have new ones and I love them. One is the Bishops wife and the other a really sweet lady. She has gone out of her way to make me feel like I belong in this ward.
we vista about everything! The lesson they gave really hit home. I haven't made friends up here because I just don't care to. I don't want to share my life story with people, I guess you could say I have a wall up.
But during the lesson yesterday I felt like sharing a tiny bit of my life with them. We talked about how god knows what we need every minute of every day. Even when we think he doesn't know us and doesn't pay attention to our needs he does. How we need to make sure we are listening. How we need to live our lives in such a way that we can hear him. We talked about how he can give you peace to make it through things that you normally can't.
Which brought up my issues that I had a couple of years ago. It seems weird say that. Time has flown by. It has been 2 years. But during that horrible trial in my life, I asked Heavenly Father to bless with me peace to get through it, and he did. I know that I couldn't have done it with out his help.  Sometimes its easy to forget when you dwell on the times you feel like he doesn't listen and help.
It really did me good to tell them that I knew exactly what they were talking about.
I know I am where I am, and that my relationship is what it is because Heavenly Father blessed me with peace, and I believe that that peace is still with me. When I see my old friend, or start having thoughts down that path he blesses me. He also blesses me with love. Because I have no hate in me. Which is big for me. I love that feeling. The feeling that I can love someone who hurt me worse than I have ever been hurt before.
I really feel like I am in a good place in my life. I am truly grateful for my trial and that I was able to  beat it and come out on top.
I am grateful everyday for my family. For the relationship that I have with my husband, I am grateful for the changes that have been made in our relationship, and that we are able to communicate better than we did. I am so grateful for my Children. They are my life and have been from the minute that I found out I was pregnant with my first.
I am grateful for all the people in my life who have influenced me in the way that I have raised my kids. Some have been great examples of things to do with my kids, and some on things I not to do.  Because of these examples my kids have turned out pretty dang good. Because of these examples I have learned that my children's trial do not define who they are, and no matter what they do I will always be there mom and I will always love them and be there for them to help them where I can and where they will let me.
Today life is good! God is great! and beer is good, no just kidding about the beer.

No comments: