Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The grass isn't always greener

You know the saying " The grass isn't always green on the other side". well it's true!! Although I love, love, love, my new house, and my new neighbors, I miss my old ward!! I miss all the sweet real people that are my friends.
Most people don't understand that we needed to move to save our family, But I would have given anything to have stayed, except my family.
It kind of makes me mad when people will say " So how is it up on the hill?" or when they say to my kids " what are you doing on the west side?"  The truth is we are doing great and I am sorry that you have let us moving affect our friendships. Just because we have moved doesn't mean our attitudes have changed. We are still as humble and loving as we were when we lived " On the west side."
Josh and I have always been laid back, non judgmental, and loving people. That will never change.
Life has been good to us. We are happy with our new home. The truth is that moving was the best thing that could have happened to us financially, Josh makes a good living , and we were comfortable living in our little house having a ton a debt. We were loving life. But when we moved it changed us. We are now debt free!! We only have our 2 houses, and it feels good. I know for a fact that we wouldn't have changed our life style if we wouldn't have moved. That part makes me the most happy.
So I am hopping that the next 6 months are better than the last and that we start making some good friends that will be around for awhile.

No comments: