Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bad childhood good life

That is a book that Josh got for me at a yard sale. I had laugh when I saw it. But I was intrigued to read it.  Not that my childhood was horrible, but it wasn't the best either. In the first couple of pages it basically tells you to knock it off and move on with your life. It asks you if you're going to let every thing your parents did affect the rest of your life by dwelling on it ? Or are you going to buck up and have a good relationship with them now. I took that as not just parents, but siblings and grandparents as well.
I figure if you take that and apply it to your life you can put any one in that phrase. Friends, enemies, in-laws. For years I have always tired to live my life in a way that made me happy, and most the time what made me happy was forgiving those who had hurt me. Was it easy? NO! Was it worth it? YES!! I don't ever want to let what others do affect me. I want to be happy and the only way that I can do that is to love all those who hurt me. To give people a second chance. To trust even when it is hard.
Right now my girls struggle to like my birth mom because she moved away and doesn't ever ask to talk to them. But I have to explain to them that she doesn't even think about what she is or isn't doing, and that she is doing the best with what she has had. That's hard advice to give, because when my mom left this last time it hurt me. It made me mad and brought back all those feelings from when I was little and she left. But I couldn't let her decision to move affect me. She has her life and I have mine which includes my kids and husband.
I wish that others could take that advice. I get annoyed when I find out how immature people can be. I love my parents to death but while eating dinner at my brothers house I find that the real reason they changed their dogs name is because it was exactly the last name of my birth moms sister. It made me mad at first because is was said like I wasn't even in the room, I feel like sometimes I am made fun of behind my back because I have a relationship with my mom, but I just had to let it go. I just don't understand why people act that way. For those of you who know me I am not a hateful person!! I love everyone!! I may get upset for a little bit but I do let it go.
So my advice is don't let other people ruin your life! Don't let them make you mad, because in the end it doesn't help you. More than not you let them put you in a bad mood, and then you take it out on your husband or kids and where does that get you? no where! Brush it off so you can be happy and enjoy your life and being a spouse and a mom. Life is too short.

No comments: