Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Family

Earlier this summer I lost my step dad! That was hard. I was here and he and my mom were in Missouri. they moved there to give him a better quality of life. Which didn't seem like it lasted to long. I was bummed that they didn't just stay in Utah. Although that was hard we got through it. 
Then I had to give a lesson of family, and I couldn't even pull myself together. Family is hard for me to talk about because besides having parents I feel like I am alone. None of my sibling get together, or even talk to each other. 
Tom and I talk every once in a while, and after 5 years PJ and I are talking. So thats good but no one has a relationship. My step sister is in her own world and wants nothing to do with any one who's last name is Freeman, besides her mom, and Dan he calls every once in a while. 
So having to give a lesson on why family is important, Well I bawled for 3 days and then bawled through my lesson. 
As a kid I wanted to have a close family! I have always wanted to be close to my siblings. I wanted to be best friends, but for some reason it wasn't meant to be with me and my siblings. So with my kids I have tried to raise them different, and made sure that they know that having a relationship with each other is important. 
I got through my lesson and have heard since that it was the best lesson. That made me feel good, but I didn't think I did a good job. Its nice to hear what others think. 

No comments: