Friday, June 6, 2008

Feeling Violated

Well after enjoying lunch with my husband yesterday, and going to get a hair cut, I came home to change some diapers and had found my house destroyed. YEP! I had been robbed. Lili had gone downstairs to do something and came up and said that it was just a mess. So then Mary went down and said you know the movie thing it is all a mess. So as I walk down the stairs I can see all the drawers on the floor clothes everywhere, and my jewelery box on my bed nothing in it. So remembering that I had put my rings on my dresser, i just started to sob. My wedding ring is gone. Every ring that Josh had ever bought me was gone. As I walk up stairs my son Brandon is crying they took his K-Bar Knife that he bought and $140.00 which was his football money. Gosh ya just feel so violated. The kids were all just crying. I was just shaking. Just so upset. They took the PS2 and all the games left the covers but took the games. Why take the kids things. Mine should have been plenty. So I had to stay out of my house for a couple of hours unitl they could get the finger prints. I can not tell you how lukcy I feel that I wasn't home. Josh had the van at work no cars had been in the driveway all day. They could have come while I was home. As my dad came to my house he hugged me and said they can all be replaced, and I know that but my wedding ring it's the memories. I know I can always buy a new one but it's just not the same. My dad's fireman ring that I was saving for little Josh. I wish I could find out who it was and who knows what I would do.

3 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Heidi,

I am SO sorry! I had my car broken into 2 summers ago and had 15 years worth of my CD's stolen. I remember how angry and violated I felt. However, that is no comparison to what you've been through. This was your HOME! I can't imagine the feelings that you are experiencing. I pray that you and your family will find comfort during this trial.

---Allison

Christy Woolston said...

Oh Heidi! What horrible news. I am glad you were not home. Maybe the things will be recovered. Our prayers are with you.

julie said...

I am so sorry that this happened to you! We were robbed several times while I was growing up and know all to well the feelings of violation and loss. There truly are just some things that can never be replaced! Katie told me this happened after we saw you yesterday and I just felt so bad. The first thing I said was I was gone all day Thursday, wish I would have been around so I maybe could have seen something!