Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Life is a roller coaster

At least that is how mine feels.One minute we are on the tip top excited life couldn't be better and the next you are at the bottom wondering when you will be going back up.

I think that most parents would agree that being a parent is hard. Where do you draw the line?
 For me it's with my oldest. That kid tugs at my heart strings and I tend to let him. The minute he found out that he was close to graduating he decides that he is going to stay home sick. He is only allowed 2 days per mini term but he decides that he can take 3. So yesterday I was so mad at him. I let him know how unhappy I was with him. When I talked to his dad he was unhappy too. He tries to give good advice but sometimes says things that he shouldn't so we ended up getting in a big fight. He thinks we should kick him out, and I say wait until he graduates. He doesn't want our kids living with us the rest of their lives, and he thinks I do. I just know that we need to support Josh until graduation and then if he doesn't we will then have done all we can for him. He is 18 and he will survive.
Sometimes I look at him and ask myself where did I go wrong. This kid has been my world  since I knew I was pregnant with him. He is my pride and joy he made my life so happy. I was so excited to become a mom. He was the sweetest little boy. he was a little hyper, but he was so sweet and smart. He made me forget all my childhood issues and helped me forget my problems.
Now sometimes I look at the thing he does and say" I didn't raise him like that." He has become a different kid. I don't love him any less. Sometimes I just wonder what goes through his head. I wonder what he is going to be like in 5-10 years from now.
I love my kids to pieces and would do anything for them to help them and that includes making them leave if that's what it's going to take to help them mature and respect what their dad and I have done for them.
As of today I am just praying that he pulls his act together and graduates!!

No comments: