Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Even though its hard we should always be honest

I think that is a lesson for everyone. Sometimes we hold things back because we don't want to hurt someone, but not telling them can hurt them more. You may not want to say it in the heat of the battle/moment, but after things settle down you probably should.
I held things in way to long and my attitude started to stink towards my husband. I don't post all the details, but about a 18 months ago our marriage was struggling due to some bad decisions. I was blind and thought I had the perfect marriage. We were best friends, life was great. That is still true, but hiding things took a toll on our marriage. Everything now is fixed, but it has been hard feeling like my marriage is great, and life is good. Due to our situation our marriage is now based on truth and sometimes hard to take. It seems like we fight more than we get along. That was until last month. I finally said what I needed to. I wasn't proud how it came out but I had held it in for so long I just needed to get it out. I told him that it didn't matter how I treated him, I felt like because of  what he did he deserved it and he needed to deal with it. What a crappy attitude on my part.. I am glad it came out, but not the way it did. Little by little things are coming out and we are mending our marriage.It's hard, but that's how we know it is worth it.
Because of these experiences we both know the devil is a live and willing to do what ever it takes to destroy a Marriage and Family. For a long time it seemed like for every step forward we took 2 back. But because we are doing the things we are supposed to we are getting through it.

No comments: