Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drama

Seems like there is always some drama going on in the family. Most the time I try to stay out of it, but this time I didn't. I couldn't!!
My grandpa died 8 years ago. About a month after he died, my aunt wanted to come and take his piano. The family was all upset about it, and told her NO, that was wrong of her and that the piano needed to stay in the house.
The story behind the piano is, that my grandpa had an old piano,my aunt offerd to buy him a new one, so they traded the old one in on the new one, and my aunt paid what was left on the new one. So she felt like it was hers. My grandpa felt like she should have it when he died.
Well a month after he died, she wanted what was rightfully hers. My grandma couldn't part with it,We all thought that was wrong of my aunt so my grandma decided that she would buy my aunt a new piano so that she could keep my grandpa's piano. The new piano went to my cousin, not my aunt, because my aunt already had a nice baby grand. That I guess was their choice, so at that point we all felt like my aunt shouldn't get my grandpa's piano. So now 8 years has passed, and now she wants it!! Honestly I think it's rather greedy of her. They don't need it, and my grandma already bought her off. The piano should stay where it's at.
So Yes I got involoved. I called my grandma in tears. Told her that my boys were up set espically Josh. That the piano is full of memories for our whole family. My grandpa played that piano every night, thats what I fell to sleep listening to. My dad sang at the piano while my grandpa played. My aunt has no emotional attachment to the paino.She was never around to hear my grandpa play it. Others have their own reasons why it makes them made that after 8 years she still feels like she should have it. I feel like she is greedy!! She is going to around and give it to my cousin who got the other one.
Once the piano leaves that house so does that memory of my grandpa!!
That Piano is full of my grandpas memories, and it should stay in his house until the house falls apart.
I understand that my grandpa wanted her to have it, but at that time she had paid for it. I feel that if he was alive now he wouldn't give it to her considering that my grandma paid her back for it.
The whole thing just makes me sick.

No comments: