Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dear Sweet Family

As a parent it is not easy to see your kids changing/growing up, but what makes it harder is family.
My son took his little girl friend to a family baptism the other day, and I guess some of our family members thought they needed to put their 2cents in.
What they don't understand, is the more judgemental they are the more they push him and our family away.
I think people think what they have to say is important, but what they fail to realize is not every thing they think needs to be said.
It is also hard for someone to take the advise of someone who hasn't been the best of examples. I know people just care about what happens to him and that is great but please have some tact.
I have my own thoughts of how my husband and I were raised, and I am raising my kids differently. I am not saying it was good or bad, I am saying there are things I am doing different with my kids. The most important thing for me is that my kids love each other, and want to be around their family, that no one feels left out. That my kids trust me, and that I trust them. That we are able to talk openly about EVERYTHING, that they don't feel like they need to hide things from me because I would judge them.
Most would agree I have great kids, Josh and I have worked hard to have respectable kids. I don't need people butting in trying to help me raise my kids. I know what is going on in their lives, every little bit.
I trust Josh and his choices and Josh and I both have had frank discussions with him, he knows how we feel, andhe knows how hard our lives have been because of the decisions that we made.
Family is great, but they need to let us raise our kids, and love them no matter what the case.

No comments: