Friday, June 24, 2011

All Done!!

I don't know how to feel!! Yesterday we starated our day at 8:30, we waited a long time to get into surgery. We finaly got into surgery about 11:40, Josh was so nervous. I was strong, I only teared up once. I was glad I was strong, because I think it helped Josh calm down a little.
We met with the doctor after the surgery, things went well, but it was worse than what they thought. He legaments were really stretched out. Instead of 2 anchors in the front and 2 in the back, they had to put 3 in front and 3 in back.
So instead of 6 months down, he will be down for 9 months, and not contact sports for a 12 months.
When I broke the news to Josh his eyes teared up. It made me feel so bad. His whole life is on hold for a year. No scout camp, river rafting down the snake river, no football, no wrestling, and no Trek.
I am so nervous to let him go on Trek. I have been thinking about letting him go, but now that his recovery time is a year I am too nervous to let him go. I know it's a once in a life time thing for him. But if he fell and screwed his arm up, that would be no sports next year either.
I hope he heals good, and he life can get back to normal.

No comments: