Friday, October 8, 2010

What to do?

So today about 3:40 my phone rang. I looked to see who it was, and was kind shocked that Joshie would be calling me so soon after school had started. When I answered the phone I said "WAIT!! Let me guess!! You have 4 tardies, and if you get another one you get 5 points and a U." He said NO, I am in trouble, because I sluffed 1st period. Chance and I were walking up to corner and they(the school) saw us leave. They called Chance's mom, but It was my idea, and didn't think it was fair that Chance was the only one to get in trouble. I just had to laugh!! What good would it have done to get mad. So I hung up and headed over to the school. The boys were in the office waiting for the VP to get out of a meeting. Finally after about 10 min the secretary said, "I am going to send them to class, who knows how long the meeting will last." So I was fine with that, but made it clear that I didn't want to have to come back to talk with the VP. She said "no he will just talk with the boys when he is done with his meeting." I was fine with that, because the VP and myself got to know each other very well last year. So I headed home.
I couldn't help but laugh. I know that probably sounds bad, but here is this great kid who is always doing what he should, he hates his band teacher, and decides it would be funner to go to corner and hang out and gets caught.
You know I think I would have been more upset with him, if I would have had a clean slate myself, But we all know that wasn't the case. I had more than my fair share of sluffing school. Don't get me wrong, he is in trouble, and he knows it he knew it the minute he called home that he was grounded for the weekend.
I just have to say I love that kid, He knew he was in trouble, and called me to let me know before he the school made him. I know that this won't be the last time, the last time I get a phone call or get called to the school, or that he sluffs. But I am going to save my temper for the more important things.

3 comments:

Liz said...

grounded or poop duty usually does the trick. you're great heidi. and jeff loved the jam, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Heidi Sue said...

The grounding thing is driving him crazy!! He keeps saying if I rub your back for 3 hours can I be ungrounded? If I do this can I be ungrounded? NOPE!!
I am glad the jam turned out, and the a Jeff liked it. That makes me feel good that it tastes good. love ya Lizzy.

jon and em said...

Those were the days!!