Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Second thoughts!!

When I was younger my parents had a dress code for me. I hated it!! I was never aloud to wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts, short shorts, short skirts, basically anything that was COOL!!
I was an easy child when it came to cloths. I never cared about name brands, or the popular clothes. If I liked it I bought it.
I always had beautiful dresses for church, always wore a slip, and nylons.
I wasn't aloud to wear makeup until I was 11, and then little at that.
I also had to be 8 to have my ears pierced.
So many things that at the time I hated.
Now being a mom of 2 Beautiful little girls, and knowing what boys think, and really what people think I am having second thougths to what I allow my girls to wear.
I think it hit me when I was at the Doctors office with Mary yesterday. We were sitting there, and this lady walked in. She was young, maybe 20. She had a little girl that was about 3 or 4. The little girl was a doll. But wow the mom!! Have you ever had one of those moments where your jaw just drops to the floor, and you just can't stop looking( Kind of like you have got to be kidding me). The moms out fit was a shirt dress. One that doesn't have sleeves or straps, it's just held up by your boobs. Any way in the middle of her boobs the material when diagonal with a hole in the middle of her boobs. Then at her waist it was skin tight, to right under her but cheeks. Any ways she leaned over and her top part opens up because of the triangle,and she isn't weaing a bra, you can see everything. I was in shock!!! Then as she was standing at the counter she dropped soemthing and had to bend over to get it HOLY COW!!
So thats when I started thinking about what I let my girls wear. I know that what I allow them to wear is modest, but when they get older are they going to push me to wear crap like that? And can they wear it with garments?
It is hard to once you have allowed it. I know I have allowed my girls to wear tank tops and dresses with thin straps, But I think from now on I will be looking for clothes with sleeves!!

No comments: