Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Someday Maybe

Well as a kid I never understood why my parents did things, or why I wasn't aloud to do certain things Like wear tank tops, skirts had to be down to my knee, couldn't wear makeup till I was 13 and then little at that. I wasn't aloud to date before I was 16. Things like that. I didn't have a choice when it came to church, seminary or mutual.
It wasn't till I got older and had kids that I understood all those things. Now I am grateful for all of them. I never had to change my style of clothing when I got married in the temple.
Everyone knows how I have felt about Josh having a girlfriend, and her mom has felt the same way. With some intervention, they are no longer together. Weird thing is, is I am sad for both of them. I know how great my son is, and know why she is having a hard time. And I know that she is a great girl,and to see him hurt makes me sad.
I hope someday they will both understand why. They are too young, they have their whole lives ahead of them, and many more relationships to come.
Joshie I love you and I know that you are hurting, there is nothing like a first love. Time will heal you. Now is the time in your life where you both need your friends.
Love you buddy!
You are a great kid and have so much to live for.

No comments: