Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I am going to be Frank!!

Why? Well because being nice doesn't seem to get the point across. Just because you didn't have a good relationship with your children, doesn't mean that I have that type of relationship with mine.
You believe what you want, and I will believe what I know. My kids know that I don't judge them, and that they can talk to me about anything. They know That I won't freak out and disown them, or tell them that they embarrass me, and that I won't tell them they are the Devil.
They know that I don't care what people think. We are all we have, and if we can't stick together then we have nothing. They know I will be there to help them when they fall, that I will try to help them get back up. That is why I know they will come to me with their deepest darkest secrets.
WHY?? WHY you don't seem to understand that it's true, well because our trials are different than yours were,because you didn't build that type of a relationship with your kids. You may never understand what I mean, but you would have to walk in my shoes to understand.
Because of my trials, and the trials that my family has been through I have learned not to freak out, and to not care what people think of me, or my family.I know that when the day does come that they need to talk to me for any reason, that I will be there with open welcoming arms.
I kept my thoughts to myself when I saw siblings going down the wrong path, and making a bad name for all the Redds. I didn't agree with the way things were handled, but I knew it wasn't my place to say anything, so I sat by and watched it get worse and worse. But it wasn't my place. It was their parents.
I would hope that people would think about that before they feel the need to say anything else about what goes on in my family. I don't care what the situation may be.

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

I'm still trying to figure out why you want to be Frank! Hehehehe - I like you as Heidi - it suits you better! All kidding aside, I think it's fun to watch you and your kids interact, I think that anyone that took 2 minutes to hang around would see that they love you and you love them and that they are comfortable with you as their parent and that's all that matters!