Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who's to say

Today I have been thinking a lot. Josh and I have been pretty open about the way our life started off. Especially when it comes to getting married at a young age. Although it's not for everyone, it is for some. Who's to say that someone is too young? I think it's about 50-50. Some of the marriages last, and some don't. You never know, people are so different.
As for me and my man it worked. We had a lot going for us. We loved each other for one, and the other we came for similar back grounds. Similar, meaning both LDS. But different too, I came from a divorced family. He came from a little bit more stable family.
We tease and say I married below the tracks, and he married up. Which is just a joke. I married up even though he did live below the tracks.
Today I have just been thinking about how hard marriage is for everyone. Even people who have been married for 30 some odd years. As I learned from my 8 year old over the weekend.
It is so normal to fight.
The hard part I think is when you are already stressed and family just keeps adding to it. Getting married is one of the biggest stresses. Sometimes family doesn't like your soon to be spouse, or they think you are to different for each other. But what family needs to realize is that you are going to grow up sooner or later, and you may fall and skin your knees, but that's ok. You will learn. You may not be ready for marriage, but only you can know that. You have to follow your heart, and keep your ears open.
After almost 16 years I am glad that I didn't listen to family, and that I followed my heart. It was the best decision I made. Both decisions to get married and keep my baby. It was right for me. I have been so blessed.

No comments: