Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Glass top stoves

When they came out with the glass top stove I was very excited. Josh and I bought a nice Whirlpool one. We had it about a year, and Josh knelt on it to grab a piece of tape off the ceiling and it shattered. So we then bought another one. Less expensive, and you could tell. I hated that stove. Saturday while at our gym's pot luck and a movie Josh got a phone call from the kids. All I heard him say was well we will have to look at it when we get home. The tone in his voice didn't sound good. So I asked whats up? He just said watch the movie. Yeah right, now I know that something not so good happened. Finally after pestering him for a few minuets, he said the kids may have cracked the top of the stove. I wanted to shout out it's about time, but I didn't. I have hated that stove since the day we bought it to replace the other one that also got shattered. I love the glass top stoves, but the insurance that you buy for them doesn not cover the top.So why buy the insurance? I didn't last time and I didn't this time.
Yes glass tops in the Redd's house are bound to break. Does that stop me from buying another one? NOPE! I love how easy they are to clean.
So when we got home we found out that a bottle of olive oil had fallen out of the cupboard and landed on the stove while the girls were trying to make Cool Aid. The girls thought they were in deep trouble. We talked to them and told them next time to ask for help.
We bought a new stove, a nice one that I love, like the very first one that I had, and we have moved all the heavy stuff out of the cupboard. If this stove breaks, I think I will just stop cooking:)

No comments: