Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Journal Jar Do I play a musical instrument?

I had a friend give me a journal jar yesterday. I am so excited to use it. Now I can blog every day about something new.
First topic, Do you play a musical instrument? Tell why you like it.
I play the piano. I started playing when I was just little. I took suzki. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's piano by ear. It was good, and I liked it. I got to play for Mr. Kohenski. I have pictures of us together somewhere.
After a while my grandparents thought it would be good to put me in piano with a different teacher, that would help me learn how to read notes. That teacher was Sister Christensen(Lela). I only took from her for a little while and then quit.
I regret quiting, I can only read to a certian note.
The reason I love the piano, is becasue of my grandpa Dwight. He wrote his own music. He taught himself how to play lots of instruments, the piano was just one of them. He was wonderful.
As a little girl I would lay in bed and listen to him play his music. I loved it.
Now my son Josh and I sit down and play his songs. Not the way that he did, but Josh is getting there.

4 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

On my blog, I used to do the journal jar thing. Reading this reminds me of how much fun it was to write answers to spontaneous questions. I might have to pick that up again. Thanks for sharing.

Nikkie said...

How fun! I want a journal jar. I'll have to find myself one. what a awsome idea...

jon and em said...

I'm so curious . . . who's Mr. Kohenski?? I wish I would have kept taking lessons too. I did take a piano class last semester and it was awesome. I love that Josh plays! I bet Grandpa Dwight is so proud.

we said...

josh is amazing at the piano! love that kid! and these are fun topics! i just sat on my hands at piano lessons, someone should have beat me! haha