Saturday, September 25, 2010

Family Heirloom Found

My Grandpa served in WWII, he brought back a cool cane that hid a sword in it. We loved this cane. It was old and antique.
When Joshie was a baby my granpa would pull this cane out and let him play with it. Joshie loved this cane. Well one day my dad came home and was frustrated that grandpa was letting him play with it so he took it. That was the last we saw of the cane/sword.
We thought my dad had put it up in the attic, that wasn't the case. We searched the house up and down. Had the insulation guys poke in the attics of the house and they couldn't find anything.
For 7 years that cane was missing.
Today I had lunch with Kim Jackson, my former sister in law by name only. We still hang out. She told me that P.J. had taken the sword when they moved out of state. He told her that while he was visiting my grandpa in the hospital that my grandpa told him to take it. She never felt comfortable saying anything until now.
My grandma said to me I want to find that sword before I die, Well today I returned it to my grandma. P.J. had given it to my birth mom to hold for him and keep it safe. So Kim myself and my mom were hanging out today, and I asked my mom if she still had it. She said Yes, so after telling her that he lied.
Grandpa's Sword is home again. Thanks Kimmy!!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Sounds like it is where it belongs again. It's wonderful that you found it.